In today's day and age, the word "gentleman," much like the word "lady," has a negative stigma attached to it. Yet I don't know of any women whose happily ever after includes a (insert your favorite synonym for douchebag) rather than a gentleman.
What about you? Have you ever heard a woman say, "I want a man who is negative, discouraging, poorly-dressed, etc." (Hint: The answer is no.)
So is it safe to say that commitment-ready women are, in fact, looking to commit to a gentleman? (Hint: Very likely.)
Although it may take some of us months, years and sometimes decades to come to terms with this fact, la bella vita is incomplete without the perfect gentleman sweeping us off our feet and whisking us off into the sunset. (I may or may not, but probably do, believe in magic, fairytales and the tooth fairy.)
Let's get one thing straight: This article is not Husband-Hunting 101.
Why? Well, for starters, I am taking the liberty of assuming that you are a lady and not an animal; allow the man to do the wooing, the courting, the pursuing.
But more on point: What does being ladylike have to do with attracting the man of your dreams? Could I possibly be implying that embodying your God-given femininity will help you attract any male you lay your eyes on?
The answer is, sadly, no.
But – and this is a major, life-altering "but" – learning to become the woman God intended you to be can and will help you attract the right man. In the cases that you're already married, embracing your role as a woman in God's perfect hierarchy can help you maintain, or ignite, passion with the man that married you.
- Don't expect someone else to respect you, if you don't fully respect yourself first.
- If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't, nothing can make him stay.
- Don't let your mood dictate your manners.
- It's good to be outspoken and blunt, but there's a fine line between honest and rude. Don't confuse the two.
- Fall in love when you're ready, not when you're lonely.
- Keep your heels, head and standards high.
- Your dresses should be tight enough to show you’re a woman, but loose enough to show you’re a lady.
- If you're yelling, then you already lost the argument.
- Never apologize for what you feel. It’s like saying sorry for being real.
- If you must say yes, say it with an open heart. If you must say no, say it without fear.